Sunday 19 February 2017

Sanctity

The Church brings many different bodies into one with Christ, is the same body that strives to continuously teach us the gravity of family. As death comes into our family we stretch our memories to recall the blessings that the Father has bestowed upon us. I can't claim to comprehend what it's like to have someone tell me I have a year yet probably only a few months left to live, yet having lived through this experience too often within my family this week has brought the focus of family and the sanctify of Christ into our hearts. Our differences, although many and difficult at times, melts into vapour as we linger over what comes next.
The pause abruptly stopping our routine commands out attention. Those willing, stop, taking heed of the persons life, their vulnerability to themselves, society and their dignity. Our culture hasn't mastered death, in fact we've placed it so far from our immediate existence we fear the act and pray the Father entrance. When reading daily prayer with my students I remind them that since we don't know when the Father is going to call us back, it is imperative we are ready at any time. Beginning each session with our sins, forgiveness, acknowledgement of his reverence, the founding rock to which we humbly come joyously into each day.

1 comment:

  1. If you have a minute, I’d really appreciate it if you took a look at Emily’s Virtual Rocket. This is a serious newsblog which has been taken from e-newspapers and e-magazines from around the world, with an emphasis on transgender issues. Also, with his election, I look for articles which critique Donald Trump.

    I hope you enjoy this. Please paste the following:

    Emilysvirtualrocket.blogspot.com

    If you like it, please consider putting it among your favorite blogs. I would greatly appreciate it.


    Emily

    ReplyDelete