Thursday 7 August 2014

Montreal Quest

Band aids covered my bruised feet after a mere 25 km. jaunt through Montreal. Hal was on a mission for Swartz's corned beef, pickles and fries, then onto Dieu Du Ciel beer where it ran like fountains from the vats. Lest I say we spend a pretty hour there sharing fine rose, hibiscus and hardy ales with the locals mixing languages as often as sips.
Excited about coming home through Mount Royal didn't turn out so good. The deluge should have been the first turn off, or the man that looked at my fashion shoes and said, "your going to take those up that mountain?" Smiling oh so jovially I said yes, and scooted up one of many paths on the mountain. Overlooking Montreal amongst the throngs of bugs, tourists and dogs....ar...was oh so enjoyable, that when we began to descend we took the wrong downhill and ended up another 10 km. from our destination. That is where Montreal transit saved us along with a fine Chardonnay back home.
Banquette's soaring out of our backpack along with stinky muster cheese, yellow tomatoes, fresh basil, and lemon mousse, would surely shrink my waistline.

Day 2 Sherbrook avenue with a myriad of galleries had our eyes begging for more modern art and the National Museum didn't disappoint. If I could only get Hal to move to Montreal, many speak English here, and what is wrong with learning another romantic language for your spouse, am I asking too much. Okay I'll compromise we will come here every summer for a month to indulge, in culture, food, wine, art galleries, oh...yes his ale houses, of which at 9:30 we are off to another one with our hosts. According to Hal it is 12:00 somewhere and never too early for a pint, that's what I say of coffee..

1 comment: