Tuesday 4 July 2017

The Unlikely Passage of Hal and Kate


Image result for journey by land

 
The Unlikely Passage of Harold and Kate

      In the midst of reading the Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry it came to me that our yearly journey’s around the world in search of hiking trails that seek to satiate our wildest dreams, albeit always grand, need something different this year, and thus begins our journey to satisfy God’s wishes instead of ours. Daily time with God will ensure his will is being done. Thus July 4th is the first day of our migration into the unknown.

      Summer brings a myriad of literature into our eyes realm, and as my eyes feast on “The Trouble with Goats and Sheep,” another message is clearly pressed into my heart, that I am to feed the hungry, give water to the thirsty, invite the needy into our home, and look after the sick and visit those in prison, all of which has been and continues to be presented to us this season.

      When our minds our open to his command miracles abound daily. Each day I asked my students to smile at those they don’t know in the hallway, sheep do as they are told, and come back with mysteries unexplained, goats simply disobey and never see the wonders of his world, for I tell them daily, it has nothing to do with me, you will not remember me tomorrow, yet I pray your journey with Christ is forever.

            C.S. Lewis – The Chronicles of Narnia is also on my list again, and timely as always he too will lead us into temptation to see the world through his eyes and not our own. Come along with us, as we begin with a brimming strong cup of coffee out on the back deck just prior to making our final packing preparations. Hal is scattered with one sprig of hair resembling Alfalfa, as sleep lures him back into fantasies that can’t be answered right now, for there are bills to pay, and dancing of the fairies prior to this ship embarking of its maiden voyage.

           

No comments:

Post a Comment